Solatainer has been developed to provide an autonomous off-grid power supply, integrating renewable-power and storage with diesel-power back-up to reduce fuel consumption, carbon emissions and carbon footprint.
Created sustainably from asingle-use 20ft ISO shipping container, Solatainer supports a PV array specified for maximum solar gain and efficiency. When equipped with Gaia Renewable Energy’s ground breaking Solawedge the unit is scale-able up to 50kw and in its standard setup comprises of a 4Kw PV array, 6Kw/h battery pack and 6Kw stand-by generator.
During daytime operation the energy created by Solatainer’s PV solar panels is harvested and stored in an on-board lithium ion battery pack. The standby generator is configured to run only when batteries are depleted below a software-set limit or when a demand spike occurs.
The results are spectacular, reducing fuel costs by c80% when compared to a conventional diesel generator.
Why chose Solatainer?
• Reduced Energy Costs.
• Reduce Environmental Impact and Carbon Footprint
• Increase Competitive Advantage
• Regulatory Compliance e.g. ISO 14001 And Considerate Constructor.
• Enhanced Corporate Image and Reputation for Environmental Stewardship.
Dimensions (lxwxh) 6.06 x 2.44 x 2.59 (m)
Weight 3092 kg
Static Load 5400 Pa (snow)
2400 Pa (wind) PV Module Cover High Transmission Glass
Rated Power 8 kW
Maximum Apparent Power 8.5 kVA
AC Nominal Voltage 240v
Rated frequency/ voltage 50 Hz / 230 V
Max Output Current 32A
Operating range −25°C/+60°C
Maximum Power 6KVA
Rated Power 5Kw
Nominal Voltage 51.8 V
Capacity 126 Ah
Electricity Storage 6.4 kWh
Energy Saving Example
Hiring a basic Solatainer with a 4KW PV array, 6KWh Lion Battery and standby Generator can:
• Reduce fuel consumption by up to 80%
• Reduce CO2 emissions by up to 80%
• Save up to 448 liters of diesel per month.
• Save up to £492 per month in diesel costs ** ** Based on a fuel price of £1.10/Litre